OEYC Curriculum Intent
Curriculum Intent Statement
- Build on prior experiences.
- Develop children’s learning through an inspiring and integrated early year’s curriculum.
- For individuals to become confident and resilient learners.
At Oxhey Early Years Centre we aim to provide the children with a rich and exciting curriculum based around their interests and experiences that are relevant to them. We follow the EYFS guidance to support each child’s learning and development.
Prime Areas of Learning
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
Specific Areas of Learning
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
If you would like to know more about the Foundation Years you may like to visit the site below where there is a parents’ section and you can find specific questions answered
The document below is written for parents and outlines age-related expectations for 0-5 linked to the 7 areas of learning of the EYFS.
In Orange Room most children will be working towards the statement in the 22-36 month age band whilst those in Purple and Blue Rooms are likely to be working in the 30-50 months age band.