Curriculum Intent Statement
- Build on prior experiences.
- Develop children’s learning through an inspiring and integrated early year’s curriculum.
- For individuals to become confident and resilient learners.
At Oxhey Early Years Centre we aim to provide the children with a rich and exciting curriculum based around their interests and experiences that are relevant to them. We follow the EYFS guidance to support each child’s learning and development. You can find a brief summary of the 7 areas of learning in the tabs above.
Prime Areas of Learning
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
Specific Areas of Learning
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
If you would like to know more about the Foundation Years you may like to visit the site below where there is a parents’ section and you can find specific questions answered
The document below is written for parents and outlines age-related expectations for 0-5 linked to the 7 areas of learning of the EYFS.
In Orange Room most children will be working towards the statement in the 22-36 month age band whilst those in Purple and Blue Rooms are likely to be working in the 30-50 months age band.